15 June 2010

SCRIBBLEY DOODLEY

I'm not too sure what to say about these really..are they valid? are they maps?  I don't know! but the website Fake is the new real is putting them down so I'm picking them up.

These three links are probably my favourite bits from the site:

Click on this link to see subways from around the world all presented at the same scale.  They remind me of spiderwebs or perhaps even aliens.






The elegant doodle to your left is the result of tracing one year's worth of cycling and walking around New York.  Pretty simple, but who needs complicated?!













And if you're still with me (good for you!), these selected cities have had their streets split out and then piled on top of each other at their centroid points - creating star-like oddities.

No comments:

Post a Comment